Desperate for a “creative” outlet, the author began writing this blog to detail her intimate experiences in the black box of an investment bank and later, a private equity shop.
The writer is a graduate of the Ivy and left her 4 blissful years of college behind to pursue riches and glory (or labels and love) in old Manhattan. After tooling around through corporate recruiting and forced socializing with potential employers, she joined a premier investment bank as part of its analyst program. As the bank took a precarious turn into the iceberg of recession, the writer had her own Mr. Andrews* who promptly told her to get to a lifeboat and get a safety jacket. Through endless begging/whining/brown-nosing/stalking, the author finally found a private equity firm who would take her in. With her life jacket in hand, she jumped off the sinking ship just in time to be rescued.
When the author is not at work, blogging or attending fashion shows, she’s most likely decorating her apartment and plotting for world domination.
* If you don’t understand this reference, IMDB it. I ain’t here to educate you on the finer points of pop culture.
New to this blog? What’s your interest?
- Finance/investment banking? Pick “First Steps”.
- Interested in the Fashion Financier’s take on life and the modern marvels that make it interesting? Pick “Side Ramblings”
- Want to read the Fashion Financier’s thoughts on all the current financial issues? Pick “Social Commentary”.
- If you want to read about Fashion, it’s a limited assortment and I will try to post more but I’m generally interested in the gossip factor more than the actual fashion.
I’m always looking to make this blog better so feel free to leave comments/questions/etc. and I will try to accommodate. Feel free to send all inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy reading!